oUr PeBoRiT PiNoY P!O!P!

Intro of sorts, this blog is just a look at the past, present & future of the assorted music released by bands & artists in the Philippines & the numerous ones based outside the motherland...from Rock, Reggae, Alternative, Folk, Indiepop, Electronica, New Wave, Goth, Punk, etc. Well, some did ask me, why do I have to call it POP...'my music is this and that and it's anything but' you might say...well, click here for the reason. Anyway, turn up the volume!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Questions and Questions....and, um...more Questions....here are some Answers...

Mmmmm, I received several emails regarding this blog....first of all I don't do music reviews....I don't believe in reviews and for one thing anyone can criticize somebody else's work...unless you're related to the band (i.e. family, friends, etc) your best bet is to listen to the songs...if you don't like it then toss it, if you do...well, tell your friends about it. How can someone, or anyone for that matter, put a freaking numerical number or alphabetical standing or a set of stars to a musician/artists' work? So for those who asked to have their album or ep reviewed...sorry, I can't do it -- BUT -- I can listen to it...if I like it I'll post something about it, no great expectations from both of us.....that's the simplest way to do it. And for those people who like to have someone tell them what they should be listening to or not and makes other people decide for them, then this blog is not for you, there's a whole bunch of review blogs out there...

Imagine this, if I was living in the same area as you...most probably I'll be rummaging through your record or cd collection and find a new sound...some "new", interesting, never heard music...when I say "new", it doesn't necessarily mean that it just came out a week or a month ago, but "new" in the sense that it's the first time I heard it. You'd probably do the same to my collection. So forget about old school, new school, indie or major brouhaha! doesn't work here...good music stands the test of time...so you will definitely see more or less anything that I listen to and everything that catches my attention and music that I will get to discover in the future.

For the song downloads, okey, some of the them you can actually just go to the song (just the ones in RED) and right click and do "save as", BUT due to some limitations, most of them are posted in Rapidshare...so what you have to do is
right click and OPEN in New Window...go to the bottom part of the Rapidshare page and click FREE, wait for a few seconds and it will give you a LINK that you can CLICK then you can start downloading it. Again, as I said, these are for sample purposes only and will be here for a very limited time only (it expires too!)...so please check them out and go and buy the original EPs and albums...if its deleted...go hunt for it...that's part of the fun! and email the bands and artists and say THANK YOU for the music...believe me, not too many people do.



And about doing more postings everyday? Nope, I only do this when I feel like it...I wouldn't have time to listen to great music if I'm always thinking of something to type! So drop by once in awhile...you might find something that you might like.

With regards to trading music, to be honest with you, I don't have time to do it. I know a lot of people out there who are great music collectors (Pinoymusic etc.) and the ones outside the Philippines are more fanatics for some reason, so try to find these people and trade original music with them (some are generally hoarders of CDs! so for sure they will have some multiple copies of old favourites...so there is still a chance for you to find that old album you're looking for.

By the way, I might be disposing some stuff in the next few weeks...so leave me your email address by clicking HERE if you want to receive the list that I'm compiling...its just some double copies that I have and some odds and ends...I still have to sort them, very limited copies and first come first served, ok?

And lastly, that's not me on the picture...just something great that I found in a magazine...I still believe in the power of VINYL! anyway, enjoy your visit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home